Recovering Data from Oracle *without* a working Oracle Application

From: <mikewmiller_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:17:49 GMT

We have a relatively large database (about 170 tables, 1-2 GB) on a system that had several of the disks in the RAID fail nearly simultaneously.

After installing new disks, and letting the RAID software attempt to reconstruct the data on the damaged partitions, we are unable to restart the Oracle database server software

We've been through extensive support calls and tried *many* avenues, but now need to consider trying to extract the data from the .dbf files without the benefit of the Oracle application.

Does anyone have any pointers to information on doing this or utilities we should investigate?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mike!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 22:17:49 CDT