Problem connecting to Oralce SQL*NET

From: Svend Meyland Nicolaisen <nicolaisen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:13:32 +0200

When I try to connect to Oracle SQL*NET with the Oracle ODBC for rdb driver I get the error message:
"Connect Ret -1 Err#10061 WSAECONNREFUSED Connection refused"

When I do the same with the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle I get the error message:
"ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver disignator"

I am connecting using the following connect string: "2:ORCL" I am using SQL*NET client version 2.3.4.0.0 with Oracle Personal version 8.0.3.0.0.
I am not using Net8 because there is an error in the Net8 version 8.0.3.0.0 (and older) driver, which results in that Borland Database Engine crashes when trying to connect to Oracle.

I am new to Oracle and find Oracle as one of the most difficult SQL servers to work with.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

-
Svend Received on Wed Sep 01 1999 - 16:13:32 CDT