Re: Problem connecting to Oralce SQL*NET

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 11:18:59 GMT

Hi Sven,

Did you configure tnsnames.ora. If you don't have Oracle7 Easy Config, you can just use the Oracle 8 replacement. Choose for bequeath as protocol, and copy the tnsnames.ora to the %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin directory. Make sure any reference to 80 in the bequeath definition in tnsnames.ora is replaced by 73.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA