Re: Can't use FUNCTION in SQL?

From: Howard Lee Harkness <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 20:42:12 GMT

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 18:30:18 GMT, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) wrote:

>in Oracle8.0 and before you have to assert the purity level of packaged
>procedures and functions.

Oops. I stumbled across purity level before, and just failed to recall it. Plus, the compiler error didn't contain any really good hints that that was the problem. Next time, maybe I'll recognize the problem when I encounter it.

OK. That worked, although not exactly the way I had in mind.

PL/SQL apparently requires the purity pragma to be in the package header. Unless I am missing something else, this requires the functions that I wanted to use to be accessible outside the package. I originally coded these functions local to another procedure (i.e., nested).

I don't suppose there is a way to specify the purity level of a nested function, is there??

hlh_NOSPAM_at_excite.com is a valid, unmunged address! It is also so full of spam(!) that I don't read it. Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 15:42:12 CDT