Failure to Extend Rollback

From: <g.renfrew_at_acca.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:09:47 GMT

Hi, quick question about rollback extents.

I'm getting an ORA-1650 (rdbms 7.3.4.4/ solaris 2.7) on the RBS tablespace. Next extent size is 1048567. However, the database is unable to allocate this extent due to lack of contiguous free space. However, it looks to me like there is enough space (see query below). Why does an extent of 1048567 bytes not fit into the free space I've got?

SQL> select bytes, count(bytes)
  2 from dba_free_space
  3 where tablespace_name = 'RBS'
  4 group by bytes;

     BYTES COUNT(BYTES)

    940032            1
   1054720           63

Many thanks.

Graeme Renfrew
DBA
ACCA, Glasgow

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Aug 30 1999 - 03:09:47 CDT