For Loop cont. . . .

From: <rodgerdjr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:54:11 GMT

I am tring to create reports for an application that use Oracle 7.3,
(MaxSys II from LanadCorp created with Powerbuilder). My job is to
create reports for the end users. In the application I have a filed for phone numbers, however there is no pre-set format on the phone number, which allows the users to imput a number any way they want.
(even though they have a standard that they are to follow). All that
aside. I want to make sure that my reports are consistant with the formating of phone numbers. So I need to create in my SQL statement a statement that will evaluate the phone number field and return the 10 or 7 digits. What I would like to do is start from the right and work to the left and left pad zeros if the area code is left out. Does anyone know how I would start this? and where in my SQL I would put this?

Thanks in advance! :)

Rodger

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Aug 29 1999 - 12:54:11 CDT