Re: Passing parameters between forms

From: Kurt Laugesen <KurtL_at_corebit.dk>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:19:08 +0200

You dont have to have the parameters defined in the calling form.

In the called form, however, you must have them defined. Forms will assign values to them when the the form is called, so all you have to do in the called form is to reference them like :PARAMETER.DZ. That is how it works in Forms 4.5 at least.

--
Regards
Kurt Laugesen

Szymon Bogacz <shymonb_at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:Eytx3.3662$ua1.47852_at_news.tpnet.pl...
> I know that this problem was thousands times on the news but I looked at
the
> on-line help, did everything as they wrote and it doesn't seem to work.
> I have to pass params from one form to another.
>
> So in calling form I do this:
>
> declare
> param_id paramlist;
> begin
> param_id:=get_parameter_list('param_slownik');
> if id_null(param_id) then
> param_id:=create_parameter_list('param_slownik');
> message('Paramlist created', ACKNOWLEDGE);
> end if;
>
> if id_null(param_id) then
> message('Error creating parameter list param_slownik',
ACKNOWLEDGE);
> raise Form_Trigger_Failure;
> else
> add_parameter(param_id, 'DZ', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'TEST1');
> add_parameter(param_id, 'K', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'TEST2');
> call_form('d:\data\proj\F_SLOWNIK', NO_HIDE, NO_REPLACE,
QUERY_ONLY,