Re: Oracle listener.ora looks fine, but doesn't work

From: Brent Douglas <Brent.Douglas_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:18:11 -0400

i may be misunderstanding your setup, but Oracle tech support would immediately have you change the localhost (i am assuming a name here) to the actual IP address... we had the same problem a few months ago, and that fixed it...

we had same deal, from the server, we were fine, but just could not connect....

good luck!
brent