Re: How to code SQL for a BOM Explosion?

From: Howard Lee Harkness <hlh_nospam_at_excite.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:22:51 GMT

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 07:12:17 -0400, "Glenn Heinze" <glenn.heinze_at_city.kitchener.on.ca> wrote:

>If I have a table of finished goods named Product like this:

You can use SELECT ... CONNECT BY PRIOR ... if you have one table with the basic parts structure in it. However, I have had better luck just writing a recursive PL/SQL procedure, because with PL/SQL, it's a bit simpler to get control of exactly how you want the BOM tree to be expanded (we store parts structure info for several machines in one table).

hlh_NOSPAM_at_excite.com is a valid, unmunged address! It is also so full of spam(!) that I don't read it. Received on Sat Aug 21 1999 - 14:22:51 CDT