Re: NT4 & Oracle 8.0.4: Install (as SYSDBA) problem.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:45:51 +0200

Hi Stephen,
The behavior depends on the setting of remote_login_passwordfile in init.ora (I might have missed an underscore, I never remember) There are three values:
none : only the user internal will have sysdba privilege shared: the user internal and SYS will have sysdba privilege. Note: this doesn't work if their passwords are different. exclusive: SYSDBA privilege can be granted to any user. My (educated) guess: the default of that parameter is none(that I know to be true) and you forgot to change it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA