Re: Training for a UNIX SysAdm ???

From: Eisen Chao <echao_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:43:13 GMT

Nicholas Buckley (nbuck_at_globalnet.co.uk) wrote:
: Hi there,
:
: Can anybody recommend an Oracle training course in the UK, or at a pinch, in
: the Netherlands?
:
: In an ideal world, the course would be entitled,
:
: "Oracle for UNIX Systems Administrators who don't want to be DBAs"
:
: As a UNIX Sys Adm supporting a team of Oracle DBAs, I need to get a
: grounding in Oracle on UNIX ( ideally AIX ).
:
: I don't want "SQL for beginners", or "Forms for newbies".
:
: Any experience you'd like to share?

  O'Reilly Press has a book of basic tasks for Oracle DBAs   as well as a book of pre-written scripts.

  I am finding their Oracle DBA book to be handy   as they first start off by stating that the demo   Oracle database may not work for some people. They   then tell you how to set up a workable DB from   scratch.

: Thanks,
:
: Regards,
: Nick Buckley
: AIX Administrator,
: NCM,
: Cardiff,
: Wales,
: United Kingdom
: e-mail: nicholas.buckley_at_ncmgroup.com
: (Please note: all newsgroup offerings are made in a personal
: capacity and in no way are the responsibility of my employer)
:
:
:
: