Re: Object Reference

From: Honglin Su <hosu_at_cs.umbc.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:21:11 -0400

Hi, there,

The same problem in a differnt way:

 I need to map a tree structure to Oracle. For each node in the tree, I will map it into a object table in Oracle. The columns (attributes) of the object table have object reference to the child and parent node.

When I construct the table, I should define object references to parent and children. For object reference definition, it need to know the type in advance. When I traverse the tree as post-order, I only have the children first (although I can have parent, it would cause a recursive definition), while the parents have not defined yet. How can I define the references? ( I am not sure that I give a right statement on the problem.)

Thank you very much!

Honglin