Re: Which tables do i need to analyse?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:03:40 +0800

Duncan Hodson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Our application inserts a large number of records into several large tables.
> After a while performance degrades and we find that performing an analyse
> table on these tables improves performance dramatically.
>
> Is there any way to get Oracle to tell me which tables need analysis before
> performance starts to degrade? Can i find this information from the oracle
> data dictionary?
>
> Cheers in advance
>
> Duncan Hodson

See the other posts....but don't analyze things in SYS or SYSTEM - they are specifically tuned...

A common way of distributing the load is

select * from
  ( select rownum the_row, table_name, ...     from dba_tables )
where mod(the_row,7) = to_Date(sysdate,'<daynumberofweek')

and use this to analyze a seventh of the tables each night...

(The finer points omitted here)
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Fri Aug 13 1999 - 03:03:40 CDT