Re: Oracle #1? Then why are these still missing...

From: Dirk Bellemans <Dirk.Bellemans_at_skynet.belgium>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:15:28 +0200

Tom Kingsley wrote in message <37a1a34b.22247202_at_news.tcp.co.uk>...
>On Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:51:01 -0400, Kenneth C Stahl
><BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote:
>
>>My biggest mistake was in not noticing the 'uk' in the originator's email
>>address. No wonder the message contained so much whining.
>I cannot believe how anyone could be so shallow and blatantly racist
>simply because you lost an argument. What's UK got to do with Oracle
>lacking functionality?

Because American software has to support unwieldly (European) formats the Americans never thought of before and hence lack the time to implement more serious features <grin>? Besides, the English drive to left (this has absolutely nothing to do with programming, but it IS true, isn't it?). Be happy the guy didn't post from ".be" like me...

>>How many years have you been around programming 2? 5? Almost twenty years
of
>>experience has shown me that I have always been able to satisfy the
>>requirements of the project design if I'm willing to work hard and not
spend
>>all of my time moaning and complaining about what some environment lacks.
>So 20 years "experience" makes you better, I think not.

True enough, being married for twenty years doesn't prove you're a good lover ;-)

--
Dirk Bellemans
Modify email address to reply (use .be instead of .belgium) Received on Thu Aug 12 1999 - 02:15:28 CDT