Problem Creating InterMedia Index

From: Marc Hoffmann <hoffmann_at_dti.ch>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:37:48 +0200

Hi

I have to create a Full Text index with Oracle 8.1.5 Intermedia using the USER_DATASTORE Preference where a user Procedure is called to create virtual documents.

Now my Problem:

When I am using the SQL Statement (create index ...) to create the index after a reboot of the server the procedure seems to be called correctly. But during development I need to delete the index and create a new one of the same type. (I am deleting the index using Intermedia Text Manager). But when I'm calling the same statement again there is an error for each Record to be indexed in the Intemedia Managers Error Table:

DRG 50857: oracle error in drsinopen
DRG 50858: OCI error: OCI_INVALID_HANDLE

When I reboot the server I can use the statement again for one time, afterwoods it doesn't work again.

I'd be glad to have some advices what I have done wrong and how I can resolve the problem.

Thanks and best regards
Marc Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 09:37:48 CDT