Trouble with large export on Solaris

From: Joe Condle <condle_at_mars-systems.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 07:30:01 -0400

We are running Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris 2.51. We have run into the 2 Gig file limit on Solaris when exporting a very large table during our weekly backup. We can solve the problem by going to Solaris 7 whenever the RAID software we are using becomes compatible with Solaris 7. Until then is there any kind of work around for this problem? I do not know how long it is going to be before we can upgraged to the new OS and meanwhile I do not have a backup for this table. --

Joseph P. Condle Jr.      condle_at_mars-systems.com   Office 412-648-1379
Senior Systems Engineer                             Fax    412-647-9661
Medical ARchival Systems, Inc. (MARS) 3500 Victoria Street Pgh. Pa. 15261 USA Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 06:30:01 CDT