Re: Database creation

From: Olivier Davant <davant_at_homsys.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:01:19 +0200

Hi Sybrand,

Thank you a lot for these *enlightening* explanations ! I am beginning to understand...

One of the many reasons of my confusion was that I use Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition, Oracle Enterprise Manager AND Oracle 8i Lite at the same time !
I wanted to manage the POLIte database demo (of Oracle Lite) with Enterprise Manager. But it seems that it's Oracle Lite structure are *very* different from Oracle 'normal' structure : I have to use an ODBC connection to connect to my database ( the *.odb file) with Oracle Lite instead of a connection to a 'database service'.

I am going to read the lite manual right now !

Thank for the help you give to newbies ! Received on Tue Aug 10 1999 - 04:01:19 CDT