Re: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4096 bytes of shared memory

From: Jiliang Chiu <lchiu_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:04:17 -0500

Hi! Bruno:

General speaking, the shared_pool_size could be set to 15 ~ 20% of real memory (for oracle). Make sure your SGA not over the real memory.

The pinning objects in the shared pool following these steps:

1st. create DBMS_SHARED_POOL PACKAGE by run two sql script (rdbms/admin)
2nd. flush the shared pool
3nd. restart instance, so it can be read into shared pool
4th. pin it (type is: P for procedure, C for cursor and R for trigger)

Svrmgr> @dbmspool
Svrmgr> @prvtpool

ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED POOL; resatrt your instance here

exec DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP(your_object, type)

hope it is help.
JC