Re: QUESTION: Oracle 8.0.4 parameters datawarehouse environment

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 00:34:08 +0200

Hi Jouke,

start running utlbstat/utlestat in the rdbms/admin directory, or use the checktuning script on
http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm This will allow you at least to make measurable improvements. If you are using default parameters, they are way too low. DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS should result in 16M cache minimum, shared pool size minimum is some 40M, log_buffer should be at least 32 or 64k. If there is any method to get that OLTP stuff, you really shouldn't use 2k for datawarehouse activities. 8k minimum. Otherwise you can tune what you want, and it still won't work.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Jouke Wilkens <jouke.wilkens_at_tip.nl> wrote in message news:7o7m3o$6i1$1_at_news.worldonline.nl...
> What are the most common values for parameters in a
datawarehouse-database?