QUESTION: Oracle 8.0.4 parameters datawarehouse environment

From: Jouke Wilkens <jouke.wilkens_at_tip.nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:17:23 +0200

What are the most common values for parameters in a datawarehouse-database? At our company we have a (datawarehouse-)database with most of the parameters as default.
Our knowledge about those parameters is not as good as we wish, because the performance of our
database is bad. We can do trial and error, but maybe there is a good default setting for a datawarehouse-
environment.
Unfortunately our database is also used for OLTP transactions and the DB_BLOCK_SIZE = 2048. Who can help us?

Thanks, Jouke Wilkens
jouke.wilkens_at_tip.nl Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 16:17:23 CDT