How to change user's password using VB6/ADO/Oracle?

From: Doctor Memory <tmnelson_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:07:40 -0400

Hi! I'm using ADO to connect to an Oracle (7.3.5) database. Everything seems to work OK,
but I can't change the user's password. I am creating a command object, setting the
CommandText to "ALTER USER ? IDENTIFIED BY ?", then creating my two parameters. The
command creation is fine, but when I execute the query I get an error number -2147467259,
"Unspecified error". The error source is "Provider", so I assume it's an Oracle error, but I
don't know what it would be. I can change the user's password from SQL*Plus just fine. Does
anyone have any clues they could throw my way?

Thanks!
-- Tracy Nelson Received on Tue Aug 03 1999 - 15:07:40 CDT