Re: Need Help With Ora 03113/03114 Error

From: Brent Douglas <Brent.Douglas_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:12:27 -0400

that is an awful error to try and troubleshoot, even working directly w/ oracle.... have you prowled thru your server error logs? have you turned on your client-side logs?

you can try copies of large binary files to test performance, get a sniffer involved and watch for retransmissions, etc....

we had luck fixing that by messing w/out our TCP/IP driver at the client side... you may be able to find an article under the microsoft knowledgebase, do a search for TCP/IP and Registry, maybe timeout? i changed jobs, dont have that article handy any more, but i will look for it...

the jist of the article is to increase the amount of time that the client will retry on failure of packets, and it helped immensely... it's much easier than getting your whole network up to spec, too.

brent