Re: HELP!!! Error ORA-00058...

From: Daniel SECCI <dsecci_at_mhinformatics.ch>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:53:09 +0200

I'm not sure but this could be because someone is accessing this table and locked it while using. This prevents you to make other modification to the same table, so you couldn't delete it. When trying to get a the "lock" for a table, Oracle wait for a certain amount of time and then, if does not receive it, makes a timeout error.

Hope it helps,
Daniel