Newbies Questions

From: Elvin Tan <elvintan_at_post1.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:17:46 +0800

Hello,

I am new to Oracle and I have just install Developer 6.0 to test it out and my oh my, I have lots of problem connecting to a database. I have been a Clipper programmers for many years and this is my first try at Oracle Developer.

Many question comes to minds and I hope someone out there could be so kind as to answer them for me.

  1. Do I need to have a copy of Personal Oracle 8 or Oracle 8 DBMS installed?
  2. How do I create an Oracle Database?
  3. Do I need Personal Oracle 8 or Oracle 8 to create an Oracle database? If not, how do I do it in Oracle Developer???
  4. How do I use Oracle to Open a .dbf to assess it and transfer the database into a Oracle databse?
  5. What is the default password for the Schema Manager?
  6. Everytime when I create a form to test it out it always asked me to connect to a database, so how do I test it without connecting to a database? or what must I do first???
  7. Is there any books out there that teaches how to create and connect to a database in Oracle? Most of the books out there teaches PL/SQL and the programming stuff.

Many thanks. You can reply to my email address at elvintan_at_post1.com

Regards,

Elvin Tan

--
Email address is spams protected, delete "remove_" to email. Received on Wed Jul 28 1999 - 08:17:46 CDT