Re: Oracle - Windows

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:06:44 -0500

It's pretty similar. SQL*Plus on NT uses plus80.exe as the executable. Your scripts can use %ntvar% instead of ${unixvar}. The slashes are backwards.

I has a similar problem when I first learned Oracle 7.0. Most of the scripts were written for Vax/VMS and not Unix. I got in the habbit of creating my Oracle script first, then calling it from withing SQL*Plus with the start command.

If you're having problems migrating a particular script, you might want to put a section of the code up here. There are plenty of gurus looking for a challege!
--rn.