SQL, Looking for help with Date stuff.

From: Hank Janssen <hjanssen_at_dont.spam.me.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:25:10 GMT

Greetings all,

I am trying to come up with an elegant solution to a problem I am having.

I am working within a DB of which the schema is part of a commercial system. This schema has fields in a table where I can store data that the commercial system will ignore. This table has a relation back to a customer account.

This schema offers me 40 or so varchar(20) fields. And I am using one of these fields to store a date. (Which I format to MM/DD/YYYY).

Now, I want to select from this table all records older than 5 months.

But the field that I stored the date in is actually a varchar field (which I am limited to)

Is there a nice way to write a select so I can still get all records older than 5 months.??

Thanks!!!