Re: tnsping

From: Taka Kamiya <tkamiya_at_sushi.oau.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:46:36 GMT

tnsping does not care about the ip address.... when you do tnsping <something>, it will first look at tnsnames.ora file in orant/network/admin. Looks for the name, resolves it into sid name and *now* ip address or host name. Then on the rdbms server side, it will go to listener.ora file and do something very similar.

so.... why don't you look into the tnsnames.ora file, then use the alias and try tnsping. I'd bet it will work for you.

In article <7ltudk$qig$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, lauracampos_at_yahoo.com says...