Re: tnsnames stupid question

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:01:39 GMT

The tnsnames.ora file must be located in your $ORACLE_HOME/net8/admin directory for tnsping to use it...

( or if SqlNet v2 $ORACLE_HOME/network.admin)

and must have the correct connection info....use the configuration tools form Oracle to set the aliases up....Remember, its not the host name but the tnsnames.ora alias that is used...

Hope it helps,
John G