Re: tnsnames stupid question

From: BRENT DOUGLAS <BRENT.DOUGLAS_at_DAYTONOH.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:17:41 -0400

i have a quick question: did it show you the details of your tnsping? eg, if you said -

TNSPING MYDATABASE did it come back with

attempting to connect .... < port ... community ... etc.... >

that matched your entry? the error you are describing may really be an error at the listener, not the client...

is your listener using names or is it using an IP address? is the listener up? can you connect to another database??

verify the tnsnames location on your client... oracle home\network\admin (or net80/admin)

good luck,
brent