newbie question:

From: zman <zahid_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:17:47 -0400

I am trying to run one of the first example in "Oracle 8: A beginner's Guide" by Michael Corey and Michael Abbey. Here's the code:

SQL> create table customer(

       2  last_name varchar2(30) not null,
       3 state_cd     varchar(2),
       4 sales         number)
       5 tablespace custspace
       6 storage(initial 25k next 25k minextents 1);

The book says that I am supposed to get a "Table Created" message but I get somehing like "no tablespace custspace created". Since the book didn't create custspace prior to the example, i was assuming that Line 5 actually created the tablespace. Can someone tell me what's wrong? or how I can create the tablespace?

Also, when running Sql*Plus, is it possible for me to scan through past commands.. what I mean is that is there some kind of history like the bash shell in UNIX wherein I can key through the past commands issued?

thanks,
--zahid

--

Zahid A. Khan
CS Junior | ChemE Computer Assistant ICQ UIN: 4103995 | Phone:(404) 892 4886 Received on Fri Jul 23 1999 - 09:17:47 CDT