Re: Oracle8 on Linux 6.0: mount points?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:38:48 -0400

Hi Raquel,

    That is really a Unix/Linux issue not an Oracle issue, but -- in Unix you mount file systems not directories. A file system is either an entire disk drive or a physical partition on a disk drive.

    So, if you really want to use u01, u02. u03, and u04 as mount points you will need some combination of four disk drives and/or disk partitions.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

<22JUL99.13192101_at_psfc.mit.edu>...