Re: Oracle8 on Linux 6.0: mount points?

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:52:14 GMT

rbrom_at_psfc.mit.edu kirjoitteli seuraavaa:

>I've got a directory called "owner" inside which I've got four files:
>u01, u02, u03, u04
>I'm trying to use the 'mount' command with them, so that I can use
>them as mount points, but it's not working and I don't really know what
>I'm doing. How do you set up the mount points?

Mount points are actually (empty) directories, so you should delete those files and create (with oracle -user) equally named directories instead.

Then you could say (as root)
mount /dev/sda4 /opt/oracle/u01
(or whereever you have those directories)

Then you have disk partition sda4 mounted as directory u01. Same procedure should be used also for other mount points.

You should have those partitions on-line and formatted before mounting, otherwise mount will fail.

Tuomas
--

hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.