A stupid little problem.

From: Chris <coopercj_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:52:54 -0600

    I am a beginner. I am trying to get the accept command to work. When ever I put the accept command into the script it causes errors. I just want the script to stop and accept user input, and then continue.

SET ECHO OFF
SET VERIFY OFF
VARIABLE g_result NUMBER
ACCEPT p_num1 PROMPT 'Please enter the first number: ' ACCEPT p_num2 PROMPT 'Please enter the second number: ' DECLARE
  v_num1 NUMBER(9,2) := &p_num1;
  v_num2 NUMBER(9,2) := &p_num2;
BEGIN
  :g_result := (v_num1/v_num2) + v_num2; END;
/
PRINT g_result
SET VERIFY ON
SET ECHO ON does not work.

remove the lines from the script and every thing is okay.

C. Cooper Received on Thu Jul 22 1999 - 10:52:54 CDT