Re: Another Replication Qn

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:50:15 +0800

Joey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can help me on this.
> I was testing basic replication in 8.0.5.1:
>
> 1. I created the 3 snapshots in the replicated db and the snapshot logs on 3
> tables the master db.
> I managed to see the (small) changes done on the main db being reflected on
> the replicated db.
> But when I loaded about 1.5 million records into 1 of the tables (using
> sqlload-direct), I did not
> see the records being replicated.
> I suspect there is an error in the replication somewhere as I used OEM
> replication manager to manually
> refresh the snapshot but nothing seems to be happening.
> Then I updated one of the field in the whole table, then I re-try the manual
> refresh again.
> At least now , I got some error messages indicating that I did not size up
> the snapshot properly, which
> I later did and the snapshot refresh works now.
>
> So I'm just wondering what had gone wrong after the sqlload ?
> why didn't it reflect in te replicated db (or even feedback the error mesg
> at least?)
>
> 2. It seems that ddls are also not able to be replicated. Do I have to
> re-create the snapshots again
> to reflect the change in the table in the master db ?
>
> Thanks

sqlload direct will not fire triggers - thus your snapshot logs will not be updated and thus you snapshots will not update...

use conventional load to fire the triggers, or run a full refresh after the sqlload

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 08:50:15 CDT