Another Replication Qn

From: Joey <a_little_toe_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:02:51 +0800

Hi,

I hope someone can help me on this.
I was testing basic replication in 8.0.5.1:

  1. I created the 3 snapshots in the replicated db and the snapshot logs on 3 tables the master db. I managed to see the (small) changes done on the main db being reflected on the replicated db. But when I loaded about 1.5 million records into 1 of the tables (using sqlload-direct), I did not see the records being replicated. I suspect there is an error in the replication somewhere as I used OEM replication manager to manually refresh the snapshot but nothing seems to be happening. Then I updated one of the field in the whole table, then I re-try the manual refresh again. At least now , I got some error messages indicating that I did not size up the snapshot properly, which I later did and the snapshot refresh works now.

So I'm just wondering what had gone wrong after the sqlload ? why didn't it reflect in te replicated db (or even feedback the error mesg at least?)

2. It seems that ddls are also not able to be replicated. Do I have to re-create the snapshots again
to reflect the change in the table in the master db ?

Thanks
J Received on Mon Jul 19 1999 - 01:02:51 CDT