DCE Threads pbm

From: G.H VITTAL <vittal_at_india.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 12:32:05 +0530

We are having a application currently working under HP-unix 10.20,with oracle ver 7.3.3 using NT client using ODBC and RPC calls to connect to oracle ver 7.3.3. Our application is working
fine.

We moved to the following enviroment

  1. Oracle version 7.3.4 (previously 7.3.3)
  2. DCE patch bundle 16429(Previously DCE patch bundle 15731)
  3. HP Unix Extended patch bundle XSW44 (Previously it was XSW41)

After compiling in this new enviroment when we invoke the client application
it was able to connect to the oracle.
But at some point of time it comes with the DCE threads problem.

It dumps the following information inside cma_dump.log

%Internal DCE Threads problem (version CMA BL10+), terminating
execution.
% Reason: hp_sigchld:1

The current thread is 2 (address 0x40182290) DECthreads scheduling database is locked. Current threads:
Thread default thread (7afc2e78) 1 : blocked   No current vp

Has anybody faced similar problems.

Is there any known patch available to fix this problem.

regards
vittal Received on Fri Jul 16 1999 - 02:02:05 CDT