ODBC Connection Pooling

From: Beth Massi <bmassi_at__NOSPAM_hmtreturn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:24:10 -0700

Hi all
Can anybody tell me how I can get ODBC Connection Pooling to actually work? I am using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle Driver Version 2.573.3711.00 and Oracle 8.0.5 database. I went to the WinNT ODBC Datasource Administrator and selected the Connection Pooling Tab. I then selected this driver and turned on connection pooling and for the time that unused connections remain in the pool, I specified 60 seconds. Then I also enabled it for use in the perfmon. When I look at the the performance monitor, I see no activity, even though I have 30 simeltaneous client machines connecting with the same connect string and disconnecting rapidly.

Any ideas?
-Beth Received on Wed Jul 14 1999 - 18:24:10 CDT