Re: create DB with unix

From: MARANDEL Benjamin <marandel_at_ws-interactive.fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:04:12 +0000

susanne mainz wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to create a new database, it is an additional one, on a UNIX machine
> but I do not know the root password. So I can neither set the environment
> variables nor do any of the other stuff this password is needed for.
>
> How can I use the Oracle 8.0.5 installer on a Unix machine? Is it possible
> to use the CDROM for installation of a DB without the root password?

U must create a oracle user on the system, so u must be the root, to perform the installation......

Ask your administrator ! :-)

--

Benjamin MARANDEL                   Administrateur Linux
marandel_at_ws-interactive.fr Developpeur base de donnee

WS Interactive - 15 Quai Lombard - 31000 Toulouse FRANCE Tel. 05 62 30 80 70 - Fax. 05 62 30 25 45 Visitez notre site web : http://www.ws-interactive.fr