create DB with unix

From: susanne mainz <smainz_at_debis.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:29:02 +0200

Hi,
I need to create a new database, it is an additional one, on a UNIX machine but I do not know the root password. So I can neither set the environment variables nor do any of the other stuff this password is needed for.

How can I use the Oracle 8.0.5 installer on a Unix machine? Is it possible to use the CDROM for installation of a DB without the root password?

Does anyone have a nice script to create a DB, including that listener.ora stuff?

Thanx, Susanne Received on Tue Jul 13 1999 - 07:29:02 CDT