Re: database link doesn't work!!!

From: <celia9268_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:20:42 GMT

Hi, Sybrand, thanks for your reply.

Still I am not sure how to solve the problem. I have two database in different servers, saying a and b. Now I create a database link in a:

create database link mylink

      connect to user1 identified by user1 using 'b';

After that, I try to do 'select ... from tab1_at_mylink', Then ora-12154 error prompted.
So should I add service name b in the tnsnames.ora of a? Please help!!

celia

> > Hi, all.
> >
> > I guess this is a simple question, but I don't know, please help me.
> >
> > I create a database link, then I try to query using this db link,
but i
> > get ora-12154 error: TNS could not resolve service name.
> > I look through some documentation, but still i am not sure what i
> > should do. Should i modify tnsnames.ora to add the service name?
> > should i modify any files in client side?
> >
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > celia

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jul 07 1999 - 08:20:42 CDT