Re: database link doesn't work!!!

From: Daniel <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:31:20 +0100

Hi,

Think of it as just another client/server connection. So on the server that you create the database link, add an entry into the tnsnames.ora file.
Then check this by running plus or svrmgr on the server and doing;

connect un/pw_at_alias

Where alias is the entry you have just put in the tnsnames.ora file.

Cheers

--
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.

Daniel
Oracle UK