Re: sqlplus problem

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 21:41:42 GMT

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 18:30:24 +0200, "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>If you don't use the Multithreaded Server, your sort_area_size is allocated
>on the client.

????!!!

Sybrand,
Maybe the above sentence is just not put into the right words, but AFAIK sort_area_size in a non-MTS configuration is allocated in the PGA area, which is a user's process memory portion *on the server* where instance runs.

In any case, all instance's memory segments (SGA, PGAs, ...) are always allocated on the server box, none of them can be allocated on a client's machine, no matter if MTS is used or not.

That said, I can't find any logical explanation for Kenneth's problem. I would check if all three rpt1.sql scripts are identical and if both svr1 aliases are pointing to the same database.

>Hth,
>
>Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 16:41:42 CDT