Newbie SQL & dates question

From: Rich Gilmour <richg_at_aaepa.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:55:02 -0700

Hello coders.

I'm working on a web-based events calendar which allows a user to select a month/year, then builds a calendar for the appropriate month/year, and fills the day slots with any matching dates from an Oracle table containing events and their dates.

The problem I'm currently stumped on is how to construct the SQL select statement. The page which displays the calendar is passed two values, month & year. I need to get all records in a table whose date field matches the dates passed from the form - basically all records for a given month and year. The tricky part is that the dates in the database are in the Oracle 12:00:00:000AM/PM format and I need to compare this against a month/year string....how does one do that?!?

I suspect I need to do some formating in the host language rather than SQL (in this case Tcl --- yikes).

Any insight/advice is greatly appreciated.

Rich Gilmour Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 14:55:02 CDT