Re: How do I cancel a long query in Forms 4.5 or 5?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 12:40:47 -0700

> You can't catch a user action while performing a query in Forms 4.5. It's
> because the stupid queryengine waits for the result of the server.
>
> Sorry....

No need to apologize but while what you say is correct it is not the entire story. On many platforms, such as UNIX, you can use the operating system to kill a process. All that is needed is to develop a method of identifying which process to kill and an external proc to do it.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jul 06 1999 - 14:40:47 CDT