any way drop several tables in one go?

From: Ruiping Gao <ruiping_at_dpiwe.tas.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:34:27 +1100

Hi,

Is there any way to delete several tables in one go?

I had 200 tables created by user and need delete it in one go. What I did is first create a table to hold all table name which I what to delete.

Then I use PL/SQL did following:

DECLARE
ta table_delete.table_name%type;
cursor a is select table_name from table_delete; BEGIN

        open a;
        fetch a into ta;
        while a%found loop
            drop table ta;
        fetch a into ta;
        end loop;
        close a;

END; I got following error message

RROR at line 8:
ORA-06550: line 8, column 3:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "DROP" when expecting one of the following: begin declare exit for goto if loop mod null pragma raise return select update while <an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier> etc.

Thanks in advance,

ruiping

e_mail:ruiping_at_dpiwe.tas.gov.au Received on Mon Jul 05 1999 - 00:34:27 CDT