[Pro*C] Newbie question.

From: Yi, Ji-soo <killcat_at_insunginfo.co.kr>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:36:27 +0900

Backgroud:

We have two Solaris machines. One is an Oracle DB Server, and the other is a Web Server with Apache. I want to build cgi program on Web Server which gather information from the Oracle DB Server. The Web Server doesn't contain any Oracle program. (The DB Server opens only telnet port to Web Server.)

I'm absolutely new to Oracle, but I'm familiar with MS SQL 6.5.

Question:

  1. Is it possible? I'm afraid that the web server also have sort of DB connection program or library. Additionally, is it necessary to open another port for DB connection(like 1433 port for SQL Server)?
  2. If possible, how to do?
  3. Could you tell me resources(tutorial or sample code) which help me understand the process?

Any comments are very appreciated.

Ji-soo. Received on Sun Jul 04 1999 - 19:36:27 CDT