jdbc thin driver performance stinks

From: Jerry Goldberg <jhgoldberg_at_salesvision.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:26:30 -0400

We are noticing extremely slow response time when connecting to an Oracle 8.05 server via the internet or dial-up line. Is there any tuning that can be done to increase the performance (we set the rowprefetch count to 100 in the app).

The app runs fine when connected via a lan. We tried the same app against a Sybase database (via the internet) and the app performed approx. 600% faster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry Goldberg
Sales Vision, Inc Received on Tue Jun 29 1999 - 16:26:30 CDT