Re: HELP !!! - Oracle 7.1.6.2 recovery problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:40:48 +0200

Hi,

First off: you are aware your version of Oracle isn't supported anymore? You need to upgrade to 7.3.4
To recover the database you need at least 1 controlfiles
2 online redo log files
3 tablespace files
If you don't have 1 and 2, and you don't have an export, the only thing you can do is make a create controlfile statement. Hopefully that is already present in 7.1.
If you do have 1 and 2, you should be able to recover the database using your controlfiles and the recover database command in svrmgr. Again, the functionality has changed over time, so it is difficult to tell the exact syntax.
If you have an export, you will need to create the database again and import your export. Be aware of creating a second rollback segment in the system tablespace before you start importing, or your import will blow in your face and make things worse.
Recreating the tablespaces is better suited in the import scenario. Just precreate before you start importing.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA