HELP !!! - Oracle 7.1.6.2 recovery problem

From: Ed <sid.james_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:36:33 +0100

Hi.
One of our hard drives gave up on us two days ago. I can retrieve the information from a previous tape. The hard drive contained one or more data tablespace data files. Can I recover the system by copying back all the datafiles with the same time stamp. If not, can I use EXPORT to bring back the whole database if the datafiles are not all there? Secondly, regarding index tablespaces. Can I drop the tablespace and recreate it with one datafile and could I do that with the data tablespace?

Many thanks !!!

Ed. Received on Sat Jun 26 1999 - 03:36:33 CDT