Re: Date sort???

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kstahl_at_lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:59:35 -0400

Someone has been making y2k changes to your database without thinking through the impact of the changes they made. Take a look at your initxxxx.ora file and see if there are any nls_date_format parameters. Also, if you are using sqlplus, take a look at the glogin.sql file to make sure that nothing is being done there to modify the default date format.

Unless you are working with an ancient (6.0 or earlier) rdbms then if you insert '28-may-99' into a date column, it should be stored as 28-may-1999.

Ken